About the Course:
Cooking is not just about recreating recipes, it is mostly about techniques and only ultimately about recipes.
In this class you will acquire and master basic kitchen skills, cooking techniques and chef tricks. You will learn how to keep your work station clean and organized, and also how to organize your work, ultimately to save time.
Our Chef’s main goal is to have you, by the end of this class, being able to stir up a meal from a virtually empty fridge.
The class will cover:
- Pantry staples
- Basic knife skills, methods of cooking and chopping
- Pasta and Classic Tomato Sauce (how to choose and properly cook pasta, make classic pasta sauce)
- How to choose and buy fish, proper way of cooking
- How to make a perfect roasted chicken
- Vegetables: blanching ahead of time, roasting in the oven, boiling
- How to make a proper salad with homemade dressing
Structure: Demo + hands-on practice. Recipes are done individually or in pairs while they are being taught and explained.
Price: $125 + tax per person
Duration: 3 hours
The class will run with a minimum of 8 participants
Please advise any allergies and food restrictions