About the class
During this class students will learn the history and flavors of Jamaica. See why our food is loved worldwide. They will learn how to make their own jerk seasoning, sauce and the techniques behind the world famous jerk. They will also get to make their own escovitch pickle with fried fish fillet paired with the beloved Rice and peas cooked in coconut milk. Then we will cool things down with a Caribbean cocktail made with Appleton rum.
Taste of Jamaica Cooking Class Menu
Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Escovitch fish fillet
Rice and Peas
876 on the rocks
About Chef Noel
Noel Cunningham is a Jamaican-Canadian chef, author, food writer, and culinary consultant.
His career spans working in noted restaurants in Jamaica and Canada to cooking at the James Beard House in New York City. He is the dynamic force behind his catering company, Cuisine by Noel. He is known for blending his talent for creating elegant, Caribbean fusion-inspired cuisine with a passion for simple dishes using fresh and sustainable ingredients.
Chef Noel has been recognized locally and internationally for his culinary skills and has the undeniable ability to attract an audience, which has led to numerous features in print publications, television, and radio shows in Canada, Jamaica &; the United States.
He has made several feature appearances and contributions in the JamaicanEats Magazine, Jamaica Gleaner, Cooking Sense Magazine, Jamaicans.com, CTV Winnipeg Morning Live, The Marc and Mandy Show, CP24 Breakfast Show, Global News, CTV Your Morning Live, Breakfast Television, Television Jamaica (TVJ) Smile Jamaica, CVM at Sunrise Morning Program.
His expertise is backed with recognition as a champion of brand Jamaica in the Culinary Arts by the Prime Minister Youth Awards as well as top 5 nominee for Winnipeg’s best chef in 2018 and named best chef in Toronto for 2019-2020 by byblacks.com people’s choice award.
Structure: Demo + hands-on practice
Price: $125 + tax per person
To register: call 416 922 9055 or click the button below
The class will run with a minimum of 8 and maximum of 12 participants
Please advise any allergies and food restrictions
How are we handling social distancing protocol?
- Classes are at half capacity.
- Guest screening and contact logs.
- Increased sanitation of stations and common surfaces.
- Hand washing will be enforced upon entrance and through-out class.
- Sanitizer will be available at each station through-out class.
- Two hand washing sinks are available and stocked at the back of the kitchen (as always!).
- Please ensure you bring a comfortable mask for class, forgot one? We will ensure everyone has the appropriate PPE before class starts.
- We ask that you remain in your seat and avoid wondering anywhere in the kitchen or store, at the end of class you will have time to shop with the usual cooking class discount!!!
- No sharing of food between tables. Water and/or soft drinks will be provided.
- Booking within your social bubble is encouraged. Attending solo? No problem. Masks on!
- Have questions? We want you to feel at home in our kitchen. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or concerns.